Breakout discussions: Reflections and next steps
Friday, 7 May
FACILITATORS: Marlene Fried, Sujatha Jesudason, Latonya Slack
In three smaller groups, participants will be asked to identify the key issues raised in the meeting (including areas of agreement and unresolved areas), and then to turn to a discussion of how best to move these issues forward, both in general strategic and specific project-oriented terms.
Some questions to consider:
- What are the key areas of agreement?
- What are the unresolved issues or areas of tension?
- What are possible policy options and activist strategies that reflect a social justice framing of genetic technologies?
- How can we work productively with the differences among us / among feminists / among progressives?
- What are the most promising next steps in terms of broadening the dialogue and mobilizing concern among feminists, communicating a feminist / social justice perspective to other constituencies, and inserting that perspective into the larger public and policy debates?